- Put the 5 ripened and peeled bananas into one of the bowls and use the blender to blend them until the result looks like a homogenous puree
- On the side, start pouring the oil into the small pot and heat it on the hob at medium-low power. There should be enough oil for the makàra to deep fry.
- While the oil heats up, slowly add the flour and baking powder to the banana puree while mixing with the spoon. Make sure that the dough is somewhat runny and consistent.
- Grab the other bowl and place 4 pieces of paper towel on the bowl. We will place the makàra on the bowl.
- When the oil is hot, place a dollop of the dough on the frying pot. Repeat the process until the frying pot is full of frying banana and flour dollops.
- When the dollops turn brown, remove them from the pot with a skimmer and place them on the bowl with the kitchen roll towels.
- Finally, sprinkle some sugar on top of the makàra.
Enjoy them with some milk or a tea on the side.